Saturday, June 19, 2010

Colin Firth nearly turned down the part that won him a best actor Bafta

By Laura Roberts Published: 7:30AM GMT twenty-two February 2010

Link to this video

The actor, who won for his opening of a happy educational in A Single Man, pronounced he had been about to spin down the piece in the movie destined by Tom Ford, the American conform designer.

On usurpation the endowment at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden he told the audience: "What Tom Ford doesn"t know is I have the email in my outbox revelation him I could not presumably do this.

Colin Firth on winning Best Actor Prince William upstages Colin Firth Tom Ford on A Single Man Bafta winners 2010: full list Baftas: Carey Mulligan and Colin Firth between winners Baftas 2010: Vanessa Redgrave pays reverence to Prince of Wales

"I was about to send this when a man came to correct my fridge... I don"t know what"s most appropriate for me so I would similar to to appreciate the refrigerator guy."

Firth, 49, additionally thanked Ford who "knows what"s most appropriate for me. An confront with Tom Ford is to come afar feeling resuscitated, a small some-more worldly, improved groomed, some-more fragrant, and some-more nominated than one has ever been before.

"I have worked with a lot of good directors and he"s up there with the most appropriate of them.

"All I know is don"t ever press "send" until you have had your refrigerator repaired."

He combined backstage: "The refrigerator is still not fixed. You could contend he did a improved pursuit in conditions of unequivocally directing my sold future than the fridge."

Of his Oscar chances, he said: "My chances were one in five prior to and they"re probably one in five at most appropriate now. I think the foe is flattering terrifying, utterly frankly."

Asked because he had creatively longed for to spin down A Single Man, he said: "It was self disbelief really... I didn"t know if I was in the right support of mind, if my aptitude was banishment enough".

Meanwhile Carey Mulligan, 24, pronounced after winning most appropriate singer for An Education: "I unequivocally didn"t design this at all so I didn"t think of anything to say. I instruct I could do a debate similar to Colin Firth and speak about fridges but I can"t."

"I didn"t think I"d get one," she said. "It"s mad. I"ll leave it at my parents" house, my parents" vital room, that"s the safest place for it.

"I lose things. Not that I would ever lose a Bafta."

She additionally pronounced that she had lost to appreciate the film"s director.

"I was so unbelievably shaken my brain was going so fast. I got median by the debate and thought I"d been articulate for ten mins so I"ve got to get off stage."

No comments:

Post a Comment