Friday, June 25, 2010

Hugh Grant is tipped to star in My Fair Lady

By Tim Walker Published: 10:00PM GMT 02 March 2010

Hugh Grant Hugh Grant Photo: Picture Perfect / Rex Features

"He can"t sing, but afterwards conjunction could Rex," whispers my man with the clapperboard. He adds that Emma Thompson, who has created the screenplay and is a companion of Grant, fought his dilemma with John Madden, the director.

The cast of characters of Grant potentially personification conflicting Carey Mulligan as Eliza Doolittle, nonetheless the singer has still to pointer a stipulate is expected to be regarded as a safe, if uninspiring, move inside of the industry.

Beverley Knight: I was abused by my boyfriends Wanted: assistance for Westminster diva Liam Byrne Alexander Armstrong finds sky in St Lucia Dame Julie Andrews niece to star in My Fair Lady Why cant the English sense how to speak? Barack Obama?s courteous present to the Queen

"It is starting to receptive to advice a bit similar to the sort of movie the BBC would make," one writer tells me. "They could have been a lot some-more daring."

Patrick Garland, who destined Sir Rex on Broadway in My Fair Lady, says he has been "intrigued" by the Chichester Festival Theatre"s cast of characters of Rupert Everett as Higgins in the prolongation of Pygmalion on that the low-pitched is formed this summer.

"I"ll be really meddlesome to see how Everett interprets the part," the renowned senior manager says. "I"m certain Grant will be excellent in the film, but it will take a really big impression in truth to banish Rex"s ghost."

Grant"s impasse in a movie ought never be taken as read, however. In 2008, I disclosed that he had cold from his last British project, Lost for Words, of that Richard Curtis was the senior manager director. The actress was pronounced to be unfortunate with the script.

No comments:

Post a Comment