Saturday, June 26, 2010

Jimmy White closes in on Crucible return

By Rod Gilmour Published: 9:35AM GMT 04 March 2010

Jimmy White Knocked out: Jimmy White will not take piece in this year"s World Championship after a abrasive 10-3 better by Ken Doherty in subordinate Photo: GETTY IMAGES

The six-time Crucible runner-up will take on 1997 universe hold up Ken Doherty as the Londoner aims for an additional crack at Sheffield glory.

But White"s benefit was Parrott"s loss, who has certified he could give up snooker after unwell to validate for the World Championship.

Hearn set to revitalise snooker O"Sullivan wants father to see pretension bid Stephen Lee arrested in "suspicious betting" examine "Hurricane" Higgins: snooker is my drug "Hurricane" Higgins earnings Higgins wins Welsh Open

The 1991 universe hold up has usually depressed down the rankings and is right afar sure to trip out of the tip 64 for subsequent season.

He lost 10-6 to Chinese teen Anda Zhang at Sheffield"s English Institute of Sport on Wednesday and would face a destiny afar from the main debate if he opts to continue.

Parrott, 45, said: "If I"m off the tour, it"s sincerely sure that I"ll retire. I positively won"t be personification any reduce down.

"If I lose my card, that"s me gone. I still have the pinnacle apply oneself for the game.

"I"ve only lost in the World Championship and I"m not going to separate the manikin out. But I don"t suffer the hours of use any more."

No comments:

Post a Comment