Wednesday, June 30, 2010

World Indoor Athletics 2010: Yelena Isinbayeva aims for new pole vault record

520PM GMT eleven Mar 2010

World Indoor Athletics 2010 Yelena Isinbayeva aims for new stick safe record Raising the club stick vaulter Yelena Isinbayeva aims to set an additional universe jot down at the World Indoor Athletics Championships Photo AP

The reigning Olympic hold up set out her aspiration to register a new indoor symbol at the Aspire dome.

"This is my goal," Isinbayeva said. "I"m really inspired for the universe record.

Doha Highlights World Indoors when to watch GB athletes Ennis ready for the high-pressure section Idowu preference frustrates UK Athletics Caster Semenya box still "under discussion" Mo Farah beats own jot down on great day for British athletes

"It"s my initial time in Doha and I"d similar to to have the foe unforgettable."

With her stream universe annals mount at 5.06m outdoor and 5.00m indoors, Isinbayeva, 27, has pronounced she wants to reach 5.20 metres prior to her career is over.

That said, the Russian showed that relief can come behind to show up an contestant when she inebriated at last year"s World Athletics Championships in Berlin, unwell to transparent any height.

She lost to Poland"s Anna Rogowska who additionally uncharacteristically kick her in the London Grand Prix a integrate of months prior to Berlin.

But Isinbayeva rebounded in pretentious style, violation her own universe jot down at the Golden League in Zurich usually a week after her mess in the German capital.

"I still make make use of of it similar to a outrageous proclivity since I"ll never dont think about that defeat," she pronounced of her Berlin failure. "I learnt a great lesson.

"I wish to keep this better in my mental recall and regularly make make use of of it when I feel over-confident."

She one after another "I"m in my most appropriate shape. In my last foe I jumped 4.85m. Other girls will usually be my rivals over 5m.

"I jumped it 6 years ago.

"I"m happy they"re mending so well - it would be good to have a little some-more rivals."

The main "competition" for Isinbayeva in Doha will expected come from Rogowska, who has a season"s most appropriate of 4.81m, Brazil"s Fabiana Murer (4.82) and associate Russian Svetlana Feofanova, who has an all-time most appropriate of 4.88 but has managed usually 4.75 this year.

Watch with full live coverage of the World Indoor Athletics Championships on Mar 12, thirteen and 14, online to one side on telegraph.co.uk in organisation with Aviva. Follow the fortunes of Aviva Team GB and NI in Doha for the IAAF World Indoor Championship, with stars such as Jessica Ennis, Jenny Meadows and Phillips Idowu set to contest in the tip indoor eventuality of the season. You can watch all of the eventuality to one side live online here. There will additionally be highlights and full sum in the lead up to Doha on the entertainment pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment